Gunite Slide

TulsaKevin

Platinum Supporter
Dec 8, 2014
Tulsa OK
Talked to the pool designer yesterday, looking at having a grotto with a slide. I do not care for the look of most plastic slides, I really like the gunite slide. The designer all but refuse to design one in. He states that they take more out and replace due to the fact that they tend to me more uncomfortable. My question is, does anyone have a gunite slide and are they happy with it. I do not know if they are all bad, or that the PB does not do a lot so his are not as smooth which leads to them not wanting to place them in.

This part of plan making was fun, we get the plans back on Jan with the cost, I am sure that will be a not so fun meeting.

I have a plastic slide built up with rock around it to make it look nice. It doesn't look quite as nice as a gunite slide, but it's a less expensive choice and we are happy with it.

IMG_2684_zpscaa4dbd0.jpg
This is what I wanted but couldn't convince the wife.

We just finished our pool with a gunite slide. However, I haven't had the pleasure of trying it out yet as I'm not too big on hypothermia! However, I can tell by feeling it that its VERY slick and smooth. The company did say that they would need to be acid-washed and refinished when they get a little rough, probably every 4-5 years depending on usage and weather.

Here are a couple of pictures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.