New pool and ran the robot cleaner

Dec 22, 2014
Deer Park, TX
I had an argument with my pool builder early on and as a result, we've had very little correspondence since. In fact the guy I argued with, the owner I believe, assigned his partner to us and won't have anything to do with us after the argument.

Anyway, pool was filled probably 12/18 and he came out when we were at work to start it up. He sent an email saying to brush it daily and nothing further. Kids were anxious to get in it this weekend so I let them, but it was cold so they didn't stay long. I was brushing it daily but there was so much sand in the bottom that I used the vacuum and cleaned it. The robotic cleaner has been sitting in a box in the yard where they left it for about a month so I put it together and decided to throw it in there Yesterday. It ran maybe 4-5 hours with me pulling it and cleaning the filters a few times.

Well now that I found this wonderful site, I see I have made a few mistakes, mainly running the cleaner. Have I done damage to the plaster? Should I mention that I did these things so pool builder can check things or keep my mouth shut?

I'd keep your mouth shut. If it didn't make any marks that are visible in the plaster (or create any grooves or indentations), then no harm no foul. The concern is that if the wheels spin on the fresh plaster surface, it can chew into the plaster as it is not fully hardened yet. It's a precautionary thing, not one that is guaranteed to create damage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.