Pentair Aqualumin replacement recommendations

n240sxguy

May 17, 2014
Benton, KY
I have a Pentair Aqualumin (I think II) that I am interested in replacing. We bought the place this summer, and this site helped me make sure it was sparkly all season. It is all covered up now, and I am seriously missing it. Anyway, the light hasn't worked since we got it. I took it apart and realized one of the little feet things that hooks in on the bottom is broken. Pentair wants a fortune just for a bulb. Then you have to have the replacement gasket, screws, and I need the trim piece also. So, I'm looking at $60-80 just to hopefully have the light working. When the pool was put in they didn't leave enough cord to lay the light on the deck, so that adds complexity to the problem and my frustration. The quality of this light also makes me gun shy of the IC60 I'm planning to buy next spring. So, does anybody have an idea about a replacement light? I sent Hayward an email about a replacement as I have seen some for sale online, but they don't have them listed on their website. Also, if I keep it and go the new bulb route, how dangerous would an underwater splice kit be to add another foot or so of cord? I'm leaning horribly against a splice, but still considered it as an option.

You can't splice the cord, it would not be safe. The AquaLumin does not have a niche and you would need a light that can mount on the bracket. A new light might be the best option.

There are a few other nicheless lights. However, I only know of ones that fit in a 1.5" threaded return type fitting. The Aqualumin just has a 3/4" hole, and I don't know of another light that will retrofit.

There are a few other nicheless lights. However, I only know of ones that fit in a 1.5" threaded return type fitting. The Aqualumin just has a 3/4" hole, and I don't know of another light that will retrofit.

That's what I've been finding. I'm hoping Hayward has some good news for me. I don't know if the models I mentioned have been discontinued or what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.