Leak @ Filter -- Triton Meteor Sand Filter

Jun 2, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Guys, any thoughts on fixing a leak at the filter ? It's not the hose connections. It's where the control valve assembly fits into the top of the filter body.

There seems to be a gasket there -- does it just need replacing ? Not even sure how you'd get that off and back on. I tried some silicone to seal it and left it 24 hours before restarting the filter but it went back to leaking worse than before. I don't see any cracks but this is a pretty good leak.

The two bolts / nuts that hold the clamps around that assembly are as tight as they can be. Maybe it's just not seated properly ?

Appreciate any feedback you can offer. My pool has been working great all summer since you guys got me set straight a couple months back. Just have to figure out this mechanical issue now.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve ---- I'm going to waste your money by telling you to do a search and find a company that sells the O-ring and order one or two now.

like here

http://www.epoolshop.com/index.asp?Page ... ProdID=165

The reason I say this is to get it in the mail system today so this weekend, if you take it apart and can't fix it without a new gasket, you'll have one coming. Just my two cents.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.