Why am I getting alarm notifications on SWG?

Jan 18, 2014
Las Vegas
I have removed my IC40 SWG for the winter and I also reconfigured Screen Logic so the SWG is not connected,
but I’m bewildered as to why I’m receiving Pentair Alarm Notifications in my email after doing this.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Here are the errors I’m receiving in emails:
Alarm Details:
Chlorinator: Low Flow Error - Check Chlorinator flow switch for blockage. If running IntelliFlo pump, you may need
to increase the flow rate.

Chlorinator: Cold Water Cutoff - Chlorine feed is shut off due to cold water
temperature.

Chlorinator: Communication Lost - Comlink to the chlorinator has failed.

You have ScreenLogic2, which is presumably configured to expect to see an IC40. Since the IC40 is not responding to it's requests, it is sending error messages. Nominally, it should only send the communications lost message. There others are excessive, but not exactly surprising (the IC40 is used to measure water temperature and flow).

Jason, you’re saying “presumably”?
I have reconfigured the ScreenLogic as I first mentioned and the main panel displays: (IntelliChlr, Enable: No)
Also, I was not receiving any alarm notices prior to the initial connection of the SWG. Just seems like it shouldn't be sending
any SWG notices when configured this way. I also called Pentair, they had no answer either.

All of those error messages are IC40 related, so it makes sense that ScreenLogic2 thinks there is an IC-40 in the system. For that matter, it shouldn't offer you the option to enable/disable the SWG unless it thinks there is one present. I wonder if there is some other procedure to make it understand that there is no longer an IC40? Presumably there is, but I have no idea what it might be.

This is one of those questions that is about a specific piece of automation that very few members have any experience with, so it is hard to get an answer about a very specific aspect of that very specific piece of equipment. Jason does not have one, thus the need to make educated assumptions.

You could soon be the expert with hands-on experience and answer everyone else's questions ;)

Much appreciated comments fellow members and thank you all for your thoughts.

Richard, you might have solved it for me. I didn't run across anything that directly mentioned how to reboot the ScreenLogic
system in the manual, although it’s probably there and I just missed it. What I did do was disconnect power to my ScreenLogic
Interface, then plugged it back in after a couple minutes. I know it’s only been 24 hours, but I have yet to receive an email
alarm notice. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that solved the issue.

jblizzle, your humor on me being an expert was a chuckle. If I can help anyone with my experiences with ScreenLogic,
I will surely try my best.

JVTrain,
If disconnecting power to my ScreenLogic Interface is called restart, then yes, I restarted it.

Unfortunately, I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feel now, since reporting this issue to Pentair the tech
didn't suggest a restart/reboot. This is going to be the first thing I do the next time I have any
issues with the system from now on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Any type of restart can straighten many problems out on its own, if the issue is simply a firmware or software issue that needs to be reconfigured by a restart.

A soft restart of a device would be restarting it using a software/firmware command or other input to restart without completely powering down. A hard restart is when you shut the device down with software/firmware commands (if possible or necessary) and remove all power from the device, then power on again. Start with a soft restart, if available, then try a hard restart if the soft restart doesn't solve the problem.

Whenever you call for technical support on a computer, modem, router, instrument, etc. this is one of the first things on the list they will have you try unless the issue has presented itself in a clearly defined way, where another solution is evident.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.