Here are the results

Hakkamike

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 30, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
I am so glad that we made the conversion to Chlorine(bleach). Chlorine gets such a bad rap because people do not watch their Combined Chlorine Levels. The twins and wifey say no burning eyes at all and no skin problems :-D

28.jpg

29.jpg

Very nice work.

You should be very proud of your pool and very proud of that happy-looking family!! (Likewise, they should be proud of you for getting their pool in such great shape :lol: :lol: )

Thanks for the complements guys and gals, I worked on it pretty hard to get it changed over but it was well worth it, I think my chemical bills per month now are going to be around 25.00 or so a month as opposed to at least 60 to 70 using Bac.

It took me almost 2 weeks to do the conversion. Most people get theirs done in around one week, I have a lot of trees and hence had a bunch of leaves in the bottom that did not help matters at all, the chlorine was being used up pretty fast with both the bac and organic material. I did start seeing positive results after 4 days of keeping my FC up around 15ppm, I checked it 2 or 3 times a day and tried to never let it get below 10ppm. My CC levels were up around 8 when I started and was wondering if they would ever go down at all. I just checked the CC this morning and its.2 after 5 kids in it yesterday for 5 hours :lol: I am still fighting leaves in the pool. Hey if I can get it done anyone can, trust me.

Hakkamike said:
I am still fighting leaves in the pool.

Great pics! I am still in reading and learning mode, but will probably make the switch either in a few weeks or at the start of next season.

As far as the leaves, have you ever heard of PoolSkim? http://www.poolskim.com/

We got one when we got our pool and I love it!

At the beginning of last year we'd had it 5 years and we noticed some of the plastic getting brittle and bubbling. We also had some holes in the mesh bag from a puppy incident (although it still worked fine). We contacted the company and they gave us a great discount on a new one even through we were just asking about getting replacement parts or where to buy a whole new one.

It's definitely been worth what I paid for it, which I think was about $80.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.