Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Here are the results

1. Back To Top    #1

Here are the results

I am so glad that we made the conversion to Chlorine(bleach). Chlorine gets such a bad rap because people do not watch their Combined Chlorine Levels. The twins and wifey say no burning eyes at all and no skin problems

28K IG, stonescapes pebble, raised spa, hayward heater, 2HP Super II pump, Hayward 60ft DE filter, built around 1980, remodeled 2007.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Very nice work.

You should be very proud of your pool and very proud of that happy-looking family!! (Likewise, they should be proud of you for getting their pool in such great shape )
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Looks gorgeous!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4

WOW That is an amazing difference. A great Reward for some Great Work, Good Job.
    24'x54" Sharkline Matrix by Wilbar International, 15,200 gallons (2015)
    Jacuzzi 75 sq ft Cartridge Filter 1 hp two speed pump
    Solar Heat with Goldline GL-235 Controller
    Intex Krystal Clear Model 28669 SWG
    TF100, SampleSizer, and Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the complements guys and gals, I worked on it pretty hard to get it changed over but it was well worth it, I think my chemical bills per month now are going to be around 25.00 or so a month as opposed to at least 60 to 70 using Bac.
    28K IG, stonescapes pebble, raised spa, hayward heater, 2HP Super II pump, Hayward 60ft DE filter, built around 1980, remodeled 2007.

6. Back To Top    #6

Your pool looks amazing! How long did it take for you to get from before to after?
    17K gallon in-gound pool, black plaster, Polaris 380, cartridge filter system

7. Back To Top    #7

It took me almost 2 weeks to do the conversion. Most people get theirs done in around one week, I have a lot of trees and hence had a bunch of leaves in the bottom that did not help matters at all, the chlorine was being used up pretty fast with both the bac and organic material. I did start seeing positive results after 4 days of keeping my FC up around 15ppm, I checked it 2 or 3 times a day and tried to never let it get below 10ppm. My CC levels were up around 8 when I started and was wondering if they would ever go down at all. I just checked the CC this morning and its.2 after 5 kids in it yesterday for 5 hours I am still fighting leaves in the pool. Hey if I can get it done anyone can, trust me.

8. Back To Top    #8

What a difference! You did a great job.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

9. Back To Top    #9
    16x33 fiberglass pool sand filter

10. Back To Top    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakkamike
    I am still fighting leaves in the pool.
    Great pics! I am still in reading and learning mode, but will probably make the switch either in a few weeks or at the start of next season.

As far as the leaves, have you ever heard of PoolSkim? http://www.poolskim.com/

We got one when we got our pool and I love it!

At the beginning of last year we'd had it 5 years and we noticed some of the plastic getting brittle and bubbling. We also had some holes in the mesh bag from a puppy incident (although it still worked fine). We contacted the company and they gave us a great discount on a new one even through we were just asking about getting replacement parts or where to buy a whole new one.

It's definitely been worth what I paid for it, which I think was about $80.
    Sue

18' round Sharkline Matrix AGP / 8600 Gal. / sand filter / Aqua Trol SWG
    Pool owner since 2001. Thanks to TFP for helping me convert off Baquacil after six years!