Hayward Colorlogic Pool Light?

Jan 10, 2012
Clute Texas
Hey Folks,
I have two Hayward Colorlogic Lights, 1 in my pool and 1 in my spa. There is a Jandy Aquaklink System controlling them. My problem is, I cant get them to sync up with eachother or the PDA. I have read the sync procedure, it just doesn't make sense to me. It talks about turning on then off within so many seconds etc to cycle to the colors. The thing is that my PDA has the available colors listed so for example I will select emerald for the pool light on the PDA and it will cycle through 4 or 5 colors and end up on sangria. I will then depress the pool light button, then depress again within 5 seconds to keep from turning light off and select a different color. Now say I select deep blue sea, the same thing happens; "please wait while cycling to chosen color" goes through 4 or 5 colors and ends up on afternoon skies. I will go through this process several times before it actually gets to the color I chose. Then on to the spa light where I go through the same song and dance until I get it to the color chosen on the PDA. When it is all said and done, while I may have the actual color specified on the PDA showing on the light it is next to impossible to get the pool light and the spa light to match. What gives, I have been dealing with this for the 3 1/2 years since we built the pool; any ideas. I am tired of taking 20 minutes to turn on my pool lights. Thanks

Eric

it sounds like you don't have them set correctly in the menu, did you assign the lights to be hayward lights? Does your revision of the controller actually do hayward lights? I was pulling my hair out trying to get my laminar lights to work correctly when I bought this house a couple of months ago, pool and spa lights are on same circuit and work perfectly, laminar lights wouldn't. it turned out they used pentair instead of jandy laminars so the controller won't let me pick the color, I have to cycle on and off x amount of times to pick the feature I want.

it sounds like you don't have them set correctly in the menu, did you assign the lights to be hayward lights? Does your revision of the controller actually do hayward lights? I was pulling my hair out trying to get my laminar lights to work correctly when I bought this house a couple of months ago, pool and spa lights are on same circuit and work perfectly, laminar lights wouldn't. it turned out they used pentair instead of jandy laminars so the controller won't let me pick the color, I have to cycle on and off x amount of times to pick the feature I want.

Thanks for the thoughts, I hadn't considered that. Unfortunately I cant say if it is or isn't though, the company that built the pool hooked everything up and programmed it and like I said never has really worked right. They weren't the most customer friendly so I am sure if the two components don't match up as you are suggesting, it will probably be on me in which case I will have to continue to live with it. Very frustrating, guess I should have pushed the issue with them more when the pool was new. Just out of curiosity, how would I look to see if it is set up correctly? I have the manual for the PDA, would it be in there?

Thanks for the thoughts, I hadn't considered that. Unfortunately I cant say if it is or isn't though, the company that built the pool hooked everything up and programmed it and like I said never has really worked right. They weren't the most customer friendly so I am sure if the two components don't match up as you are suggesting, it will probably be on me in which case I will have to continue to live with it. Very frustrating, guess I should have pushed the issue with them more when the pool was new. Just out of curiosity, how would I look to see if it is set up correctly? I have the manual for the PDA, would it be in there?

Menu then system setup, you should see color lights or something like that, see if there is option for your Hayward lights and assign that to the aux that does lights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.