Pebble Tech vs Pebble Sheen

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello & Merry Christmas to all,

I asked our PB for pebble tech samples bc we are finally getting to the end. Our contract states "pebble tech", but he dropped off both pebble tech and pebble sheen samples. It is my understding that p-tech costs less than p-sheen. Is this correct? The embedded stones in p-sheen have a much lower profile, thus are not near as abrasive as the p-tech.

We are getting ready to contact the PB, but is it typical for a PB to give you both samples? If however, the p-sheen is more expensive, how much more should it be than the p-tech? Our pool is around 15K in gallons w a 99-100 perimeter. Just trying to get an idea if we are getting set-up for a change-order and if so, how much?

If you have any questions for clarity, pls let me know?

Thank you,
tstex

Pebble Tec is a brand name and a product line. Pebble Sheen is another one of their product lines. Saying Pebble Tec might mean the brand or the product line.

Pebble Sheen is normally more expensive. But then, different colors of regular Pebble Tec are different prices as well, so there really is quite a range of prices. If I remember correctly, an inexpensive color of Sheen is roughly $2000 more than an inexpensive color of Tec.

Our price for pebble tech is around 3300 upgrade..does this sound about right?

Yes, the company named themselves after their first product: Pebble Tech which is their first product and their comp name. THen they decided the pebble tech stone was too big, so they made a smaller stone and called it Pebble Sheen, then another product Pebble Fina and last, Bead Crete.

So, just trying to see where we stand bc the PB is AWOL since Thursday.

Thank you,
tstex

Prices vary so much depending on your location it is very difficult to say that one price is better than another. I can say a $3300 price for a pebble upgrade is in the ballpark.

As Jason described there are price differences within the pebble sheen and pebble Tec lines.

Is your PB a pebble Tec distributor? if not then he is paying a sub to do it. Call the sub and ask them the relative prices.

I think that it's important to get samples of each type of surface so that you can compare them to see which one you like best. Not just from an aesthetics point of view, but also a texture point of reference.

Some people find some surfaces to be excessively rough. Therefore, it's important to make sure that you can make an informed choice so that you will be satisfied with the finished product.

Thank you for the responses...here are some comments:

No, our PB sub's everything out. If I go to the company that does the P-Tech [they also did the gunite] and go around PB to get pricing, I believe that will PO the PB and I am not sure if the P-Tech installer would tell me anyway. I am sure whatever price they quote me, the PB will want to mark up.

I also agree on making sure the surface we want is correct. My only issue is that the PB has provided horrible service and I let them know it. Due to this, I believe there will be a "retribution excessive mark-up factor" added to anything above a fair price. I just want this over and them out of here ASAP. I am sure there are others that perfectly understd this while there are others that were fortunate to have PB's that follow-up, manage their sub's timely and do not drop the ball 5-7 repeated times. I have been turned into the key project manager for this pool installation. This causes a lot of stress for all. I could go on forever, this this is the Christmas season and I will not expound.

Again, thank you for your feedback,
tstex

If you don't like they pb, cut ties and hire your own surface installer directly. Cheaper to hire the pebbletec installer directly. That is what we did for a remodel.

I cannot cut ties w PB bc there are many items that need to be addressed and I also have a contract. As much as I would like to go around them, I will honor my end of the contract. thanks, tstex

Also, appreciate the other feedback.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.