Come on, rain!

I'm right down the road from you.... and I was waiting for the rain so I could do the same thing. My pool is currently 1" from the bottom of the coping from our last dose of rain. I decided to run a full run of tests and found everything at the correct levels, so I'll just let the overfill line take care of any extra water we get. CH is still kinda high at 490-500, but its been that way for over a year now, so I'm not really worried about it. I manage it pretty well by keeping my PH at 7.2-7.5. After the Borates, my PH has been pretty rock solid at 7.5, so the four gallons I get of Muriatic acid is lasting me about 2 months.

Tests:
FC = 9.0
TC = 9.0
CC = 0.0
CH = 490-500
Salt = 3600
PH = 7.5
CYA = didn't test because sun was already down.
Borates = 50

I took 3+ inches out last evening before the storm rolled through today to do the same. Plus I dropped pH hoping to take advantage of the aeration. Rain started about twelve hours ago and it hasn't stopped. Almost back to the overflow where I started. Test results? I'm not going out there ;-)

I've been trying to do this here in the DFW area for weeks. Have had to add 650 gallons over the past 30 days.

I was going to ask you Zetha about your water loss this winter. Obviously with my new pool I'm still get used to her wants and needs. Even with cloudy days and not running the waterfall, so far I've had to add a 1/2 in of water in the 2 weeks or so since it's been filled and looks like I'll need to add just a tad bit more in about another week. However, we are getting a little rain today and maybe more this Sunday.

So I assume water loss in the winter via evaporation is normal as well.

I was going to ask you Zetha about your water loss this winter. Obviously with my new pool I'm still get used to her wants and needs. Even with cloudy days and not running the waterfall, so far I've had to add a 1/2 in of water in the 2 weeks or so since it's been filled and looks like I'll need to add just a tad bit more in about another week. However, we are getting a little rain today and maybe more this Sunday.

So I assume water loss in the winter via evaporation is normal as well.
My experience is that evaporation is more wind than temperature related.

Glad I didn't spring for the infinity edge!
2zr3twl.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.