Please help with Easy Touch set up.

cobra46

LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2007
Rocklin, Ca
I have a recently installed Easy Touch 8 and a VS IntelliFlo 4X160. I am a very technical guy who designs equipment for a living and have found the Easy Touch to be anything but easy. Maybe they should change the name to "Not Intuitive Touch". :hammer:

My pool has a waterfall that I would like to be able to run at two different speeds with a simple press a button. Currently my system is set up with as follows:

Speed 1 -> Slow speed filtering
Speed 2 -> Cleaner
Speed 3 -> Waterfall
Speed 4 -> NOT USED

My plumbing only has one automatic valve that allows me to send the filter output to the returns or the waterfall.

My circuits are set up as follows:

P -> Pump (Linked to Speed 1)
Spa -> Waterfall (Linked to Speed 3)
Aux 1 -> Cleaner (Linked to Speed 2
Aux 2 -> Lights

The problem is that I don't completely understand how the curcuit types control the valve. The Spa (Waterfall) circuit has a circuit type of Master Spa. I think the circuit type controls the valve. If I try to make Aux 3 a high flow waterfall setting, I can not set this circuit type to Master Spa which I think would trigger the valve to the waterfall output.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kevin

You are going to have quite the issue. It would be almost impossible for me to type out how to change that from memory. Call pentair tech support and tell them to walk you through reprograming your unit to have your auto valve on its own relay. You will then press one button to activate waterfall and it will be on the speed you are currently running your pool. You will then be able to pick your speed without shutting off the water feature. Sounds like whever set up the system didnt fully understand it. I think they plugged your auto valve into your suction or return valve slot instead of accessory slot. Although this can sometimes be programmed around its easier to just move it to slot 3. Make sure solar is disabled or you wont be able to control valve 3 either. The good thing about pentair is that they ahve excellent tech support, take full advantage.

You are correct that my one valve is connected to the suction valve plug on the mother board.

It's a good to plug it into the A or B valve plug and then I have direct control over it.

I'll give that a try. Hopefully I don't screw the whole thing up.

Thanks for the idea.

no problem. I believe valve a is the default solar valve, so if solar is not disabled you will need to either do so or plug into valve B. If I only have one auto valve I usually go into valve B. Easy touches are fairly limited in programability when compared to intellitouches so I cant remember if you can apply group funtions to auto valves. Once again, dont be scared to use pentair tech service.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.