3 way valve install, electric operation?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Ideally the middle port on the valve is the "common" pipe where water is always flowing. The actuators usually come setup for a 180 degree rotation which would have the common pipe in the middle.

BUT ...

The 3-way valve can be used in any orientation and the cams in the actuators can be adjusted to give you any amount of rotation you need for any valve orientation. The manual explains how to adjust the cams.

yes, I will need the 90 degree for ease of plumbing... attached is what Im looking to do for the solar. Have a controller and have to set it to open and close correctly, looks like I will have to plug it in and see what it does?
Untitled.jpg

You will certainly have to adjust the cams to make them a 90 degree rotation. The manual for the actuator shows the orientation to mount the actuator to the valve and what the cam settings need to be.

Note that the handle you drew in the picture would actually close the main intake pipe from the right (not what you want to do).

looks like the jandy have a rust problem
1.jpg

looking at the Pentair 263042 Check Valve CPVC, thoughts on this one? They are saying need about 12" on both sides of the check valve also that will be tuff with it being next to the heater (heater is on the left out of picture) want it as far away as possible should I use a different style in my application * see pic above *?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.