adding calcium hardness increaser

Drained and refilled pool with 7 month old dark gray plaster (colorscapes).
I have added liquid chlorine, CYA and MA. These are my test results:

FC= 0.5
PH= 7.6
TA= 80
CH= 100
CYA= 20

I am concerned as to how to add calcium hardness increaser without etching plaster finish.
Can i dilute CH increaser in bucket of warm water before adding to pool? CH increaser instructions state just to broadcast in pool with pump running without premixing in bucket of water.

Also should PH be a certain level before doing this?

Broadcasting and brushing works OK as long as you brush quickly and thoroughly. If the calcium sits for too long, it can stick to the bottom. The colder the water, the faster the calcium can stick.

Premixing in a bucket also works. I would recommend that you do not exceed 2.5 pounds of calcium chloride per gallon of water. Also, don't use warm water in the bucket; just use pool water. Brush after adding the calcium by dilution.

Your pH is fine for adding the calcium.

The issue with pre-mixing in a bucket is that it gets quite hot as it dissolves. If you are aware of that issue and use lots of water per pound of calcium it isn't a big deal, but if it catches you unaware you can burn yourself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.