Aqua Chem Vacuum Head-How to Hook it up????

Jun 20, 2008
Good Morning all,

I have just been through what we thought was going to be a little wet weather, and it has lasted 4 days. Yes I am talking about Typhoon--I mean Tropical Storm Fay. Today the weather is a little better and its not raining for once and I would like to go and vacuum my pool out using my new pump that I have received about amonth ago.

I have a aqua chem vauum head(as seen below)
[attachment=1:r7ydkvog]thumb_lg_vinyl_vac_head.jpg[/attachment:r7ydkvog]
and I am trying to connect it using my new Intex 2500 Pump/filter.See below
[attachment=0:r7ydkvog]56633E.gif[/attachment:r7ydkvog]
Problem is i am having problems hooking it up. I dont know where to attach the other end of the hose. I have a connector that the vacuum came with but its not hooking up to my outtake that my water goes out.

Is there anyone out and about in Pool Land that Can help me.

Misty

Attachments

• thumb_lg_vinyl_vac_head.jpg
    thumb_lg_vinyl_vac_head.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 168
  • 56633E.gif
    56633E.gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 171
That's a suction type vacuum, that hooks to your skimmer. What type skimmer do you have? A lot of pools have some sort of a way to hook up a vacuum hose to the skimmer; mine has a plate to put on top of the skimmer with an opening to put the vacuum hose in.

It's been a while since I had my Intex pool - doesn't the hose from the bottom of the skimmer route over to the suction port on the pool? IIRC, you have one port that returns water to the pool, and another port that sucks it to the pump. Didn't you have to use a special adapter for the skimmer, and if so, will your vac hose fit on it?

Yesterday I tried to fit my vacuum hose over the adapter for the skimmer and its not large enough.

The skimmer hose is I think 1/2 and my vacuum hose is a 1/4( its smaller then the skimmer hose)

I never got a skimmer adapter.

the hose and vacuum cost about 50.00 and I have never been able to use it.......

Misty

Do you mean 1 1/2 and 1 1/4?

That's a common problem, btw. I had the same problem with mine. Home Depot and Lowes carry schedule 40 PVC fittings; you probably just need a reducer. That's how I fixed mine, a 1 1/2 inch to 1 1/4 inch reducer. You might be able to find that at a pool store, too. And they are cheap; you probably will spend < $2.00 on one. :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.