Multi Port Valve maintenance. WC112-148A

JGDUSC

Jun 10, 2013
Gilbert SC
Doing some maintenance over in the off season. Tore apart the valve and found the plug and gasket assemby in need of being replaced. Its white and appears to be attached to the plug. The gasket was flush with the top of the plug. From the pics online of new ones it appearst to be raised. So new one on the way. The spring and several of the metal washers also have rust on them. Not sure whether this effects the performance? Any other parts I should be takin a peek at while I am in there? Not sure if there is ever a point at which you just buy a whole new valve. I got this one used so I am not sure what the internals should look like new. Thanks for any help.

Multi-port valves should never have rust, IMO. All the internal parts shouled be made from stainless so I wonder if someone hasn't done some replacing already. You won't need to worry about staining but I would sure replace everything rusted with OEM parts.

I can't picture what part you mean when you say "plug"

What issues were you having with it that prompted you to take it apart?

The diverter/rotor is what is being referred to as a plug. I haven't heard it being called a plug before, but it is in some parts references. It looks like the part number is 14965-0028. It is the type of diverter that has the gasket imbedded in the diverter.

Rust is usually caused by chemical attack. The most common cause is a nearby trichlor feeder.

Sorry to all who have responded here for my lack of responsiveness. I was kicking some cold ones when posted and forgot I did so!. I took it apart because I wondered about the oring. Valve was leaking a little when I would move it to different positions and my algae problem continues so I wondered if I was getting some blown back in the pool. Plus I like to take stuff apart!

The spring and washer were rusted where they made contact. Pretty sure it had never been apart but since I am not the original owner who knows.

No plaster to worry about. Vinyl AG.

I used the terminology from the manual to describe the parts so I apologize for any translation issues. Thanks for all the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.