Storing liquid Chlorine

Oct 26, 2014
Thailand
Im not sure if it has been mentioned on here before couldnt find it in a search . I was thinking in my situation where i need to buy 10X5 gallon drums about every 8-10 weeks of 10% LC would it be worthwhile diluting some of it (maybe 5 drums) as soon as i get it down to say 5% as it would store better and not drop % as quick for the first 4 weeks i guess it wouldnt be too much of a problem but looking at the chart storing it at 30 oc daytime tempetures could loose a reasonable % by the end of its use . dont know if anyone else has done this or if its practical to do . I cant get it locally so i have to get it shipped in . then it needs to be a reasonable amout to becuase of shipping costs the manufacture date on the drums makes it about 4 weeks old by the time i get it

Is there a way to store it in a cooled location or at least a shaded location? If you decide to dilute it you need to use pure water. Either distilled or Deminerlized (R/O). If you use tap water it could actually degrade the bleach itself.

Sounds like you may be a candidate for a swcg.

Thanks for the reply I did wonder about tap water causing it to degrade even more . I will get a swcg when funds permit just not yet .it is stored out of sun light and it is cooler on a night time which is about the best I can do at the mo

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.