LifeTime Supporter
Sep 20, 2014
Pleasanton, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We have tons of oak leaves this time of year. Currently I have a leaf cover only on the pool since we live in south Texas and don't close the pool. I have the "pool cleaner" under the leaf cover to get the few leaves that somehow make their way under the leaf cover in high winds and I use a leaf rake and/or a blower to remove leaves off the leaf cover at least once a week. Besides cutting down all the oak trees, just wondering if anyone who has to deal with lots of leaves and doesn't close their pool does anything else besides what I'm doing. Thanks!

Man, I dont have a cover and just the last few days I bet I scooped out 3 or 4 55 gallon drums of leaves. Maybe more! It was a ton of em!

I was scooping 4 and 5 times a day from Thanksgiving through Sunday.
I couldnt even run my pump because the skimmer would be full in 2 minutes. Whew! Most of them have now fallen at my place and I sure am glad too!

I place a mesh strainer for a sink with pull out on arms on both sides over the skimmer face hung with aluminum wire. I can circulate while gone and not worry about the skimmer clogging. If I'm lucky------I can still skim off the floaters before they turn into sinkers! I don't use a cover at all.

Ok, well maybe I'm fretting a little too much. Pool is only a few months old and I was worried about these leaves staining the brand new plaster. Sounds like just a little elbow grease during leaf falling season is the ticket. Thanks guys.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.