Yellow stains in pool?

Mar 21, 2008
Florida
Ok, now this is bizarre:

Chlorine 3.0+
pH 7.6-8.0 (fluctuates upto 8.0 every 3-4 days - usually about 1-2 cups acid brings it back down to 7.4-7.6)
TA 70
CYA 30-40
CH 350

I have had some minor staining issues since the pool was built in late june. The PB came and took care of them in early july. I saw some more in early july and he also took care of those. He told me that what they do is use a pvc pipe and pour muriatic acid over the spot using the pipe to guide the acid to the bottom of the pool. The last few stains I had seen where about two weeks ago and i was able to use the same method with no problems. Today I noticed several spots where there have never been problems before! Even some yellowing on the walls! Is this from the acid? Whenever I do add acid i first dilute it in a bucket and then poor it around the perimeter of the pool. That is the only thing i could think of that could possibly have gotten to all of the spots where there are stains. The other thing is that it has been raining here alot over the last few months. I have used a stain sequestrant twice - first at start up and again in july. I havent this month yet as i figured that the pool was balanced and cured. Should i continue? Anyone know what the source of the yellow stains are? I have stopped using the trichlor pucks about a month ago, just BBB at this point.
frustrated :grrrr: with pee stains in pool!

The sequesterant is not a cure, or a one time deal. Usually if you have metals in your water, maintenance doses are required to prevent stains from returning. Also, keeping your PH at 7.2-7.4 may help prevent the stains from returning. So search on here for the recommended metal sequesterants and use it for maintenance purposes, like monthly or so? Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.