Skimmer plug leaking

Jul 19, 2014
Hudson Ohio
Greetings all... Since this was my first closing I opted to use one of the rectangular plugs for my skimmer so as not to drain the pool down. Worked great until the temps dropped and it started to seep with a slow drip. What should I do now? Drain it down and leave the plug in or leave it be?

Since we have had freezing temps already the drip turns into a large ice sickle dangling from the skimmer. I am thinking the safest option is to drain it down. Thoughts?

--== Mike ==--

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try tapping all the way around it with a rubber mallet. I had the same problem and the rubber mallet worked. You have to make sure it's fully snapped on all the way around. I also used some pool lube on the inside of the cover to help it go on easier. ?

Try tapping all the way around it with a rubber mallet. I had the same problem and the rubber mallet worked. You have to make sure it's fully snapped on all the way around. I also used some pool lube on the inside of the cover to help it go on easier. ��

I had to pull the plug out and let some water drain for a bit then made sure to clean all of the edges and finally re-seated the plug tapping around it with the mallet. This seams to be holding for now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.