Hello from Texas

Welcome! :wave:

Hopefully you've been at the house a whole year so you know which way the prevailing wind blows so you can put the skimmer at the extreme downwind end. Even if it means an extra forty feet of pipe to plumb it that way, do it. And when you lay out the equipment pad, be generous. Some day someone is going to have to take something apart for repairs, so give 'em room to work. Case in point: I can't disconnect the electrical on my pump at the pump. There's just no access. I had to undo the flex conduit at the panel and remove the wiring with the motor and disconnect it later.

And if I got to design my plumbing myself, I'd have the main drain on a separate line with a valve so it could be isolated and I'd put a T with a spigot on the pump outlet so that if I need to lower the water level, it would be a snap.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There are a lot of Texans around here. So many, in fact, I'm somewhat surprised that I haven't yet heard any whispers about the Texan contingent seceeding and creating our own forum.

Trouble Free Lonestar Pools has a nice ring to it.

Just sayin'....:stirpot:

Anyway, welcome Ripsnorter. (And don't worry; we'll invite you via PM if we ever decide to break away.) :wink:

There are a lot of Texans around here. So many, in fact, I'm somewhat surprised that I haven't yet heard any whispers about the Texan contingent seceeding and creating our own forum.

Trouble Free Lonestar Pools has a nice ring to it.

Just sayin'....:stirpot:

Anyway, welcome Ripsnorter. (And don't worry; we'll invite you via PM if we ever decide to break away.) :wink:

Hey there and welcome from another Texan.

I also had to snort at Jay's comment - I spent years living out of our great state and married a man who was, alas, not a Texan. One day one of his co-workers was going on and on about how he couldn't stand some Texan who was holding up some paperwork - his tirade went on to how he gets sick of having to deal with this guy because he thinks Texas is the best, and Texas is the only place to get anything done, and Texas this and Texas that. And then he asked my husband if he had ever had to deal with Texans. My husband replied that he was married to one. The co-worker got kind of flustered and said that he was sorry, he was sure that I was like that. My husband said "like what?" and the guy said - "you know, all sure that Texas is so much better." My husband cracked up and told him that God didn't make any other kind of Texan.

Anyway, welcome to the board! And for any "not a Texan" type folks that might read this, I am sure your state is lovely. And wonderful. And practically as nice as Texas.

I was born and raised in NY - Long Island - lived there 36 years - moved to Texas 6 years ago - I wish I was born a Texan instead. :D :D The only reason anyone would think Texas isn't the best is because they've never lived here. :D :D :D :D And those who were born and raised in Texas that think they can do better elsewhere are only fooling themselves. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Zethacat & Jay - proof that there is no zealot like a convert! lol! As a native, I am quite proud that Texans are so welcoming to anyone willing to drink the Lone Star Coolaid!
+2 ...I travel abroad quite a bit. When I'm across the pond I'm often asked where's home (as if they can't tell by my drawl and Big-East-Texas-Ears); I cut the small talk and just say I'm from Texas. They all know Texas! The conversation ends or we enter deep-discussion to solve the world-problems; either way is fine by me! :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support