Install poolskim on polaris line?

Feb 18, 2014
Houston, TX
So I just received my poolskim in the mail. The return closest to where all the debris gets stuck happens to be my Polaris line that has a booster pump. I don't use the Polaris since it needs to be rebuilt.

The Polaris line already has the threaded coupling thing on it. The water comes out in a 1/2" water jet form unlike the other returns. Im certain this is intended in order to make the polaris work properly. Should I leave my booster pump off like i normally do? Can I install the poolskim on this line?

The short answer is yes you should be able to install the Poolskim on your Polaris line without the booster pump running. The Poolskim takes a fairly large flow to operate best but you don't want to much. So I recommend starting with the volume low on that return (if you can regulate it) and slowly increase it and see how it works.

Put more detained info about your pool in your signature and we can help you more. Pump size and whether its a one speed, two speed or vs would be useful.

Do your returns have "jets"? Covers? Adjusting these can have dramatic effects on circulation and skimming.

I added the pump in my signature. I don't know whether its a one speed or two or a variable.

I have 4 return jets one of those for the Polaris. I image a cover restricts water coming out from that specific return and increasing the pressure or flow in the other jet returns?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.