No PH or TA adjustment for almost 2 years

Hi All

Im getting my pool up and running again for our new season so still adjusting the water. However looking at the numbers the PH and TA are the same as they were 12 months ago when Inopened up the pool, and how I left them at the end of the season. Question is shoud I be worried and adjust the levels, or should I leave well alone and say that is the ideal level for my pool and keep them in that range.
I have taken the water to a couple of pool stores, and also got new reagents for my test kit and the numbers are always similar to each other.

FC:1.5
CC:0
PH:7.2
TA:40
CH:50 (Ignoring this with a vinyl liner)
CYA:20 (Working on this)
Temp:20

Im not sure if it has anything to do with the way that I close the pool for winter, or Im doing something wrong in testing but with pool stores giving same/similar readings cant see that as being the issue. I close the pool by backwashing the filter, the turning the pump timer off and letting the pool do what it wants untill next season. Even then the water stays clear, just gets a think layer of alge on the bottom.

Whats your guys thoughts.

Neil

Question is shoud I be worried and adjust the levels,
Well, if your pool has been stable for two years, I sure wouldn't adjust anything about pH and TA. You could bring both up to around 7.5 and 80 TA but you are generally within the guidelines we suggest and are having no problems, right??

Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

You CYA should be raised to 40 ppm. How are you "working" on it?

There is certainly nothing to worry about. Personally, I would raise the TA to 50 or 60, which will eventually drive the PH up just a little. But there is no rush on doing that.

I haven't had to adjust my PH in several years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.