New PebbleTec Carbonation

Calcium scaling can occur if TA and/or PH are high. That would leave white blotches on the pebble surface. To help prevent this it is critical that you keep the PH under control, especially during the first four weeks. If you fail to maintain the PH it is quite common to experience calcium scaling.

I've never heard anything called "Carbonation", but the rest of the description really sounds like calcium scaling.

Calcium scaling can occur if TA and/or PH are high. That would leave white blotches on the pebble surface. To help prevent this it is critical that you keep the PH under control, especially during the first four weeks. If you fail to maintain the PH it is quite common to experience calcium scaling.

I've never heard anything called "Carbonation", but the rest of the description really sounds like calcium scaling.

It's not calcium or scaling I know that for certain. Pool was just done about 3 months ago, and it would have formed on the tile also.
Salt water system and I am keeping the ph in range.

Yeah I am well versed on the calcium department. that I why the pool was redone...

But i had never heard of carbonation of New Pebble tech

When the cement in the plaster cures, it creates calcium hydroxide. Carbonates in the water replace the hydroxide to form more durable calcium carbonate. This is what the bicarb startup tries to accomplish. This is sometimes referred to as carbonation.

However, what you're describing sounds like calcium carbonate scaling. This can happen when some of the calcium hydroxide gets in the water and becomes carbonated to calcium carbonate. This is sometimes referred to as plaster dust. An essential part of new plaster startup is controlling plaster dust. This includes daily brushing, filtration and careful control of the chemistry

Note: There is something called the Carbonaro effect. But that's a TV show.

When the cement in the plaster cures, it creates calcium hydroxide. Carbonates in the water replace the hydroxide to form more durable calcium carbonate. This is what the bicarb startup tries to accomplish. This is sometimes referred to as carbonation.

However, what you're describing sounds like calcium carbonate scaling. This can happen when some of the calcium hydroxide gets in the water and becomes carbonated to calcium carbonate. This is sometimes referred to as plaster dust. An essential part of new plaster startup is controlling plaster dust. This includes daily brushing, filtration and careful control of the chemistry

Note: There is something called the Carbonaro effect. But that's a TV show.

This site is a book of knowledge. I love when the internet is used for good...
Thanks.
Anything to reverse the affects?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.