Is metal frame preferred?

Nov 13, 2014
Lake Ariel, PA
Looked at some sunrise spas tonite and apparently they are metal framed. Didn't know this was something I needed to think about (and maybe I don't) but the guy made a big deal out of it. I can't say as I know what the others we've seen are (Artesian/South Seas, Four Winds, Viking and Catalina). Does it matter? I can see how wood rots and all but I'm not sure in the grand scheme this is a deal breaker criteria but what do I know.

thanks!

A well made spa should last a good long time regardless of what the frame is made out of. That said, each of the common frame materials has some risks. Metal can corrode, wood can rot, plastic gets brittle with age, and so on. In the long run, good quality workmanship makes more of a difference than the basic kind of material. That is to say, poorly made metal will fail long before well made wood, just as poorly made wood will fail long before well made metal.

I have not really looked closely at spas in a while. Our current Viking was a "come get this off my deck" acquisition. I guess it really comes down to what Jason said and what you are more comfortable with. I prefer to work with wood to repair if need be, but I grew up the son of a carpenter. If you are comfortable working with metal???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.