Question on CSI

Jun 6, 2014
Cypress, Texas
Can someone explain to me why there are 2 values for CSI in Pool math. When I enter my numbers the CSI has 2 values one which when hovered over says balanced the other says potentially hazardous. What gives which should I listen to and how would I go about getting it more in the "balanced zone" if this is a potential problem? My numbers are:
FC 8.5
PH 7.6
TA 90
CH 300
CYA 50
Borate 80

Thank you:D

Can someone explain to me why there are 2 values for CSI in Pool math. When I enter my numbers the CSI has 2 values one which when hovered over says balanced the other says potentially hazardous. What gives which should I listen to and how would I go about getting it more in the "balanced zone" if this is a potential problem? My numbers are:
FC 8.5
PH 7.6
TA 90
CH 300
CYA 50
Borate 80

Thank you:D

Your numbers look good all the way down to 49 degrees F. After the temp drops below that it goes downhill without some sort of adjustment. PH seems to be the biggest factor in CSI. You didnt specify your water temperature which means a great deal.

Like Jason says you put your results above into the left column and read the CSI in the left column. That is what you have now. In the right column you enter whatever numbers you want to adjust to and the calculator gives recommendations on what to add or do to achieve that. It also gives the CSI of what you entered in the right column so you can see what it will be if you do those adjustments.

Enter your test results above in the left column then enter your test results in the right column except enter the pH of 7.8 and you will see the difference. Dont forget to put the water temperature. You just have to play around with the calculator if you want to see what happens when you do this or that.

PH will go up naturally as the temperature goes down, essentially canceling out the CSI change due to temperature. Because of that you don't normally need to do anything over the winter. The main exception is when you have recently applied plaster, which can sometimes drive up the PH too much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.