Mat for under ladder in AGP?

We are going to build a deck around our pool soon but in the mean time the ladder we have tends to move and rub the bottom of the pool. This scares me since reading some instances where this has caused holes, etc. Seems like a saw a pic that had some kind of blue mat under the steps of a ladder. Does anyone know where or what this is and if it's good to use?

Thanks

You can buy one just for pools and spend more or there are alternatives. Before we had our deck, we used a nice soft vinyl bath mat under ours (clear) so it took care of that issue just fine. I believe it cost $6 - we never had issues with it. Under our walk in steps we purchased the plumbers pvc vinyl liner (shower stall vinyl) - its gray and comes in rolls they cut for you at request or a 6'x4' piece you buy for $24 and cut yourself. Its the same stuff used for pond liners I think - flexible and sturdy. Since it is under the steps, you don't see the color but it keeps from rubbing.

Could you cut open tennis balls and place them on the ends of the ladder like I've seen on some elderly people's walkers? I admit I am ignorant of how the configuration is of the ladder where it meets the bottom, but this is what my first thought was.

I need some sort of mat because of the construction of our steps. Here is a pic I found online of a ladder that looks very similiar to ours. The bottom portion rubs and moves as it is stepped on. Once we build the deck and it's attached firmly to the decking (without the other stairs on the outside of the pool) I think the problem will be mostly eliminated.

ladder.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I went to Home Depot looking for the rubber shower pan material and they were sold out of it. Anyway I looked in the flooring dept and found some black vinyl carper runner for 1.60 a foot I think its around 30" wide, I got 3' of it and fit the ladder perfect :-D I saw some at the pool store today that was blue for around 25 bucks :twisted:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.