Cost for installation of above ground liner

pjb

Jun 15, 2008
I am going to need to replace my liner in my 24-ft above ground pool next season. Does anyone have any ballpark figures on what I should expect to pay if I get this installed professionally? My pool is leaking and I cannot find the leak, the liner is now 6 years old and I could have easily paid for a liner for what I've paid in extra water bills this summer. I am sure my husband can replace it but talking him into that is a whole other topic. He's not a fan of the pool. Anyway I live in Tennessee, North of Nashville and bordering Kentucky/Ft. Campbell. We do have a few small pool stores here but I think they would be expensive. I was quoted $800 a few years ago and that didn't include the cost of the liner. Thanks. Penny

I know we can do it, my husband is really handy, I just have to talk him into it. I did talk to a place here locally that would do it for $300-400 and she gave me what I consider to be good advice. She told me not to cover the pool because if I cover it and it gets down really low, I would have a higher risk of collapse from the cover and the weight of water on the cover. I am currently in the process of letting the water drop to see how far down it will go so I might have a better chance of finding the leak and patching it. Thanks for the advice. I will definitely check out the link.

Do it yourself, it's not nearly as bad as you might think.
Drain that sucker, charge up that cordless drill, support the walls with either helpers, or wood stakes, smooth out the sand, lay out the liner to warm up in the sun, fold it back up after an hour or two, and work it around, use new plastic couping strips, use your shop vac through the skimmer hole, reassemble, fill it.
Report back with your experience so others can realize they are able to save $800.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.