I have been shocking the pool since saturday; the pool water looks much better now ( the greenness has turned back into a sparkling blue oasis ) Also, I have stopped needed to bump my DE pump. I would estimate about 6,000 ozs of bleach have gone swimming in the pool.
Over the last day or two, i have started seeing marks on the floor of the pool - i attached a picture as i wasn't sure if they were dead algae or if the algae was alive and kicking still. Does anyone have any thoughts? Also I attached a picture of my latest pool test. The strip on the left was dipped straight into the pool. The middle is a 1/4 pool solution, 3/4 tap water and to the right is 1/8 pool solution. Any guess as to what my TC and FC readings are.
Thanks for all the wonderful help and support this place has been since I found it.