Help Identify this Pump housing

sanfordturbo

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 6, 2007
My pump housing is cracked and leaking in air causing a serious lack of water pressure and water returning back into the pool. Of course, the labels are missing or severely deteriorated. Any assistance would be appreciated. The 2 speed pump is still working fine. This is the first time I've ever serviced a pump. Are the dimensions of the motor mounts and water inlet pipes standardized? I seriously doubt it.

I would like to just buy a replacement housing, but I am prepared to bite the bullet and purchase a new pump and housing combo to get it running again.

The pump looks like it is a 1081 Pool pump from AO Smith, but the part number is gone. The housing looks like a Hayward SuperPumpII housing based on photo research, but I'm not sure.

15573489960_a0d40db0aa.jpg

15758306495_9e9c109e19.jpg

I have noticed that i can buy all of the individual parts to the Hayward Super II, but can't find a place that sells me EVERYTHING but the pump. I don't want to bother with disassembling the housing and figuring out which internal part is worn out. I just want everything but the motor.

I don't care if I get a new housing and all internals that isn't a Hayward Super II. I just need the existing motor to mate up with the new set up. The FR number is missing digits on the label!!! I guess there are only a few different frame sizes?

Frame size of the motor is a 56J. But my guess is that the parts will end up costing you much more than a new pump. But you said the 2 speed pump is working fine. Did you mean the motor or do you have a second pump?

If you don't have a spa or any high flow rate requirements, you might be better with a smaller pump. The 1 HP 2 Speed SuperFlo is a good two speed pump at a reasonable price.

http://www.amazon.com/Pentair-SF-N2...d=1415648490&sr=8-3&keywords=SuperFlo+2+speed

The motor is running fine. (sorry for the confusion) Pump/impellers/diffuser/o-rings/etc are all original and may need replacing. I found a few sites that have diagrams for the Super II and individual parts to "add to cart". Total cost was $368 w/o shipping. (ouch)

Unlike spa pumps, inground pool pumps do not offer assembled whole wet end replacements. If 2/3 or more of the wet end needs to be replaced then just get a whole new pump. it will save you long term and eventually those remaining parts not replaced now, will fail eventually. Sooner rather than later.

Get the whole pump (w/ warranty) and enjoy easy sailing for awhile..... hopefully lol

I've decided to take the advice and get a whole new pump/motor set up. I'm going to stick with the SuperPumpII footprint. If the new motor dies, I have a "spare" from the old set up. No sense throwing away a perfectly working motor. The new set up is only $40 bucks more than adding everything to a shopping cart for just the "wet end".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.