Jul 15, 2008
Alabama
Here are my other test results:
pH 7.5
FC 18
CC .5
CH 280
CYA 80

When trying to get my TA reading, the color changes from green to blue after 4 drops of R-0009,then to yellow after 9 drops. I see where the directions say that the test may go from blue to yellow in the presence of high chlorine as I have, but I didn't know if that meant green to blue to yellow. My TA was 100 a week ago. IF this is the dumbest question of the day, I'll wear a dunce cap and sit in a corner. My FC is high because I was shocking my pool and it's been cloudy here. As always, thanks for your help.

I cannot explain the color changes but you can be pretty comfortable you TA is not 40.

I don't know if you meant nine more drops for a total of 13 or nine total drops but, in either case, T/A of of 90 or 130 makes sense.

A total of 9 drops turns the water yellow...thank you AGAIN Dave and FPMom. I'll retest after my FC drops and won't worry, thanks to you guys. It's so nice to have y'all around to rescue me!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.