My first ever Pool Story Begins - Intex 32 Feet AGP

Hi barlidge, That was helpful, I think you have used the flex hoses, I don't think that I can get that long flex hoses of high quality in my city, but not sure I have to check with the market. Moreover with hard plumbing you can do modifications easily, since I am beginner I am not sure what might surprise me.

Originally I planned to hard plumb but decided to use flexi pipes connecting the pool filter box to the pool for two reasons, 1) The risk of fatigue cracks with the pool movement. 2) Ease of packing away in the winter.

Any loss of flow was mitigated by the generously sized 1hp pump :cool:

Look forward to seeing your build progress.

Almost nearing completion with carpentry, frame work and painting work.... Eletrical and plumbing work needs to be started.

Cutting and smoothing of the wood that goes in to the side wall and upper deck completed.

carpentary-cutting-smoothin.jpg

My cousin is multi-talented Electrician, AC Mechanic, Driver, Welder and anything else you may wish him too. Now trying carpentry.

my-cousin-multi-talanted.jpg

Painting natural varnish to one side of all the pieces and the other side is painted in multi-color.

Painting-natural-varnish.jpg

Unfinished preview of removable wall shutters. I wanted to be different so I painted with colors but still natural wins I guess.

pool-wall-cum-shutter-options.jpg

Very nice! My Intex pool survived a bear getting in and out, but cats have sharper claws, so the enclose might be a good idea.

Hi PAGirl, What a thrilling experience that would have been, did you witness that personally? I asumed that intex liner will survive cats and dogs and no question of bear, but I was worried about the rats cutting the liner. Is that a bear like surprise to you??

kimkats; said:
I like the natural better. I like the look of wood.

Hi Kim, I too like the wood finish, painting cost me more for nothing, just a trial and error, considering the amount of mistakes I have made with this project and all the other projects I have done it is not a big mistake. But every time I improve and thats me. I learn things by doing bit costly but worth it in my opinion.

]Hi PAGirl, What a thrilling experience that would have been, did you witness that personally? I asumed that intex liner will survive cats and dogs and no question of bear, but I was worried about the rats cutting the liner. Is that a bear like surprise to you??

I did not get to see it, but there was plenty of evidence, lol. Here is a link to my post about it:

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/86549-How-Bizzarre!?p=739906#post739906

Haven't seen any new signs of him being around, maybe he is hibernating, it got cold here early.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERY ONE.

My shipment of 32' pool loaded on to the vessel by 8th december and started sailing on 13th it will reach on 17th January. Export charges and shipping were 600 USD.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finally the vessel arrived Chennai port last week and will be delivered in couple of days. The paper work is still in the process, the customs have asked for some explanation letter for importing. Will reach home soon. Meanwhile the shutters and the deck got ready for assembling.

IMG_20150120_105355.jpg

IMG_20150119_180654.jpg

I sincerely apologise everone watching this tread that I have not updated for a long time.

I am really fed up with the customs as my product arrived, one month back but they yet release it. Initially they said that I have to put the product in some chapter in order to pay the duty and later the other officer changed the chapter, we did all the paper work and then these two officer had misunderstanding and with held my swimming pool, then came the demand to inspect the pool and they tore apart all the boxed items to find it is legal to import. Then Chinese manufactured product purchased from US seemed to be a problem and lot more... Hoping to get the pool anytime soon.

Mean while I have progressed with the deck building.`

Removable shutters are being installed

01.jpg

Enclosure completed

02.jpg

Deck top being installed

03.jpg

Top Angle of the Pool deck

04.jpg

Ladder Pic attached

05.jpg

Oh man... I'd be so angry with customs. I hope you get it soon and that they didn't lose anything!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.