My first ever Pool Story Begins - Intex 32 Feet AGP

For want of a pool! One day soon it will be there I hope!

I LOVE the stones the wire net is setting on. VERY different than any I have seen before. Your doors are also very pretty behind the wood. It is neat to see how things are done in other places.

Kim

Hi Kim, Ordinary people appreciate great things and great people appreciate ordinary things but everyone loves appreciations, thanks for the appreciation. I will post the pics when it progresses.

Hi Kim, My shipment has been picked up in spite of snow fall in New Jersey, I hope I can expect it to be delivered before Christmas or New year. Mean while I have ordered some water toys and intex rubber boat. I have also ordered step down stabilizer to convert current from 220v to 110V. Sand for sand filter and salt for the pool are yet to be order.

Regards to the plumbing purchase I am still waiting for the experts comments, whether or not to go for the hard plumbing for the AGP.

This is the plumbing method I am planning to follow with some minor changes. I will not have heat pump and I am not sure if i can connect the drain line of the Intex Frame Pool to the pump. I am also scared about cutting the liner and installing the wall skimmer so planning to use floating skimmer from intex for time being.

fiberglass-inground-pool-equipment_1.jpg

I have to say I have no idea about your proposed set up. That is not one of my areas of knowledge.

I will look for one of our members that has a pool a lot like yours. I will ask her to come look at your thread and give her input.

Kim

Hi Kim, Thank you very much mean while I have progressed a lot in building the deck. This is the first time so I am learning a lot and it is quite interesting too. I have been running software Company for twelve years, and for the last three years in to constructing and promoting apartments. I am really passionate about both the worlds.

The deck I have modeled in such a way that can be completely dismantled and re assembled by two men with in an hour or two.

This is the pillar that will hold the deck I have used 20 of it.

pillar-for-deck.jpg

Here is my mason contractor who works in my building construction playing a little role in the pool construction.

mason-work-contractor.jpg

I have ordered some bricks to construct the base of the pool.

bricks-for-masonary.jpg

There are six frames like this that makes the deck.

Deck-frame-work.jpg

Removable side wall of the deck which goes right in between the two pillars

removable-side-wall-of-deck.jpg

Frame setting is complete and the deck is ready to go over the pillars.

detachable-pool-deck-frame-.jpg

Pillars are yet to be installed, I tried something and failed to make it detachable while cutting the actual cost. Tried with concrete holder for the pillar that did not work. The pictures below.

rcc-pillar-base-redone.jpg

This is the metal pillar I have finalized that will in to the earth for 1.5 feet and will be cemented to hold the removable pillars.

metal-pillar-holder.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi ken that is far more complicated to compare number of toilets and swim pools, the below information by Forbes Magazine does not suggest having 12 percent of billionaire of US means that India may have 12 percent of pools of US in terms of numbers. But true we have very less number of pools that is mostly due to lifestyle I guess, when it comes to mobile phones three times more phones are used in India compared to US (Smart Phones aren't that cheap either). And that toilet stats I am not sure as I live in the city, for that situation I think I should blame it on the corruption.

"India’s 58 billionaires puts them far behind the US, which had 492 representatives on the list and was by far the country with the most wealth. India also trails China (153), Russia (112), and Germany (85). However, perhaps surprisingly, India is ahead of countries such as the UK and France (47 each), Australia (29), Japan and South Korea (27 each), and Switzerland (17)."

From wiki "Ancient civilizations used toilets attached to simple flowing water sewage systems included those of the Indus Valley Civilization, e.g., Harappa[1] and Mohenjo-daro[2] which are located in present day India" Indians almost introduced toilets to the world but I pity myself to live in this era. :(

Anyone can offer time travel?? I am ready to go back in time ;)

Sorry, I shouldn't get all political on a pool web site. I was just reading about the growth of drug resistant bacteria in India and it mentioned that half the population doesn't have access to a toilet. I have worked with many great Indian Chemical and Electrical engineers in my life and never imagined that India had such a problem. I guess that I am unaware of many things in the world.

Hey there, I am back! It's winter and we are not swimming so I forget to check the forum. I am sorry to see that you're pool has not arrived but I am impressed with the preparation you have completed.

Lights for the pool. If you are going to put them in the pool, only buy those made for that purpose. I will tell you that although it may not seem like a big deal, lights in the pool are almost needed for safety reasons. It does get dark in there at night.

Plumbing. I have seen posts of people burying it but most have it above the ground. I only used the flex hose with the Intex so I do not know how much it will flex as the walls move. However, pvc is easily repaired.

Table salt usually contains iodine and I would speculate that will have an adverse effect on chemical readings. You can also just use bleach. I have found bleach to be much easier to use than dealing with salt. Especially with an Intex pool. The quality of the components is not consistent and the salt can cause premature corrosion.

Hi Punniya

I dont know if you know this or not, but the intex return fittings which install into the wall and the fittings on the intex pump and filter I do believe are a wierd proprietary size.

It may be difficult for you to source the proper adapters from that proprietary size to typical pvc pipe sizes.
This presents something of a challenge in switching from flexible plumbing to hard plumbing for folks who enjoy the Intex pools.

They can be found online, but then again obvously that will involve shipping, customs, etc. If time is on your side, its definitely worth looking deeper into though.

Hi Kim, My shipment has been picked up in spite of snow fall in New Jersey, I hope I can expect it to be delivered before Christmas or New year. Mean while I have ordered some water toys and intex rubber boat. I have also ordered step down stabilizer to convert current from 220v to 110V. Sand for sand filter and salt for the pool are yet to be order.

Regards to the plumbing purchase I am still waiting for the experts comments, whether or not to go for the hard plumbing for the AGP.

This is the plumbing method I am planning to follow with some minor changes. I will not have heat pump and I am not sure if i can connect the drain line of the Intex Frame Pool to the pump. I am also scared about cutting the liner and installing the wall skimmer so planning to use floating skimmer from intex for time being.

View attachment 33862

Punninya, I am in the process of getting rid of all my intex fittings as there is nothing standard about them... Everything needs to be adapted to fit, so I've gone with all Hayward stuff..... Hayward through the wall skimmer, Hayward return jet and intakes..... I've also bought Hayward 90 degree elbows so I can just slip the hose straight over the connections, and use hose clamps to ensure no leaks.... I'm keeping it as simple as I can... Make sure you put ball valves or cut off valves on everything.... That way you can isolate the things you want/need to use... :)

Lights for the pool. If you are going to put them in the pool, only buy those made for that purpose. I will tell you that although it may not seem like a big deal, lights in the pool are almost needed for safety reasons. It does get dark in there at night.

Hi f3justusc, Thanks for your inputs, as far as the pool lights are concerned I am definetly thinking of the pool lights only but not sure above the availablity of the AGP lights. Here the market is only for the inground pools. Still I am paranoid about electrocution. So I am thinking of putting it on the 8 inch skirting which comes above the pool frame making sure that it is not in contact with the water (Salt water)

Hi Divin Dave and Laceygirl, I think the importing is out of question as it takes more than month or two and lots of paper work with customs. So I am thinking of using adapters. I will talk to the plumber for up sizing and down sizing pipelines. I want to go with the hard plumbing above ground but really not sure about the adverse effect due to the pool wall movement, especially considering that the the original fittings comes with the flex hoses to attach to the pool wall.

May be I will check with the plumber of retaining the flex hoses, just to attach with the pool wall and till the ground from there on hard plumbing. Not sure If I am thinking right.

Hi barlidge, That was helpful, I think you have used the flex hoses, I don't think that I can get that long flex hoses of high quality in my city, but not sure I have to check with the market. Moreover with hard plumbing you can do modifications easily, since I am beginner I am not sure what might surprise me.

I saw one you-tube video in which the owner installed a fountain and that failed to work, in such cases hard plumbing is good for modification.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.