Time to purchase a new SWG. Anyone run the Breeze 540?

First post of many to come and look forward to learning a little something. My pool is around 9,000 and I'm located in Fort Worth, Tx area. I tried doing a search on the forums about the Breeze 540 before I posted but not much is out there. I know it's hard to say what's the best bang for the buck for a new SWG. The Breeze 540 caught my eye being that it's one of the more affordable ones out there and the replacement cells were cheap too. The Hayward Goldline T-15 was a little more but still pretty fair. Anyone have a system they recommend?
Thanks, Rob

I have had the Hayward system for nearly 10 years. I'm using the T-15 cell. The first cell lasted 7+ years before needing replacement at about $400. And that in a 19k pool open year-round and in use from April through Thanksgiving. In your size pool it would last much longer.

I would recomend going with the Hayward system and the T-15. You can always turn the system down or shorten the run time to control the rate of chlorine generation. Buying a system with the lower rated cell just means it won't last as long or generate chlorine at the same rate. When a cell is rated at say 20,000 gallon pool it means under ideal conditions it would keep up with chlorination if it's run 24/7. I don't run my pump 24/7.

BTW: If I average my chlorine cost based on the cost of replacement cell divided by its life cycle, it cost about $60 per year to chlorinate my 19k pool. I doubt there is a cheaper way. Certainly there isn't an easier way.

The T9 is good for 25,000 gallons, that almost 3 times then this pool. This cell will last and be a lot cheaper.
A lot cheaper? There is about $50 price difference and a T-15 will put out almost twice as much chlorine as a T-9. Not only twice as much per day, but also twice as much total before you have to spend about $350 to replace it. If will last much longer and have the ability to produce it at a much higher rate. When buying a system that's about a thousand dollars, having the cell last years longer is worth an extra $50. Always buy the bigger cell, no mater how small your pool is. You can operate it set at 5% or set it to only run a couple hours a day and it will last much longer.

The complete set ups have a price difference of $200-$250. I know it's recommended to double your pool size or even triple. Doesn't the t9 fit this criterium and wouldnt the t15 be overkill for 9,000 gallons and possibly cause high Cl readings?

Richard?

The complete set ups have a price difference of $200-$250. I know it's recommended to double your pool size or even triple. Doesn't the t9 fit this criterium and wouldnt the t15 be overkill for 9,000 gallons and possibly cause high Cl readings?

Richard?
The best pricing I could find is purchasing the control unit and cell separately. There is only about $50-55 difference between the price of a T-9 and a T-15 and the control unit is the same.

BTW: A T-9 Cell will produce 385 lb of chlorine over its life span. T-15 Cell will produce 580 lb over its life span. I'd gladly pay $50 for 195 lb of chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.