How about those Mets?

Any other NY Mets fans out there?
    My Pool:
    18 x 33 Johnny Weissmuller
    Hayward EC 50
    Hayward 1.5 2 speed pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Lifelong fan here.

Problem is when they are doing this well, I can't get a decent seat at Shea.

Much better in the 90's when they were losing, I could get a weekday, daygame, behind the plate seat from the scalpers for 10 bucks.

But it's still great on TV !!

The National League - REAL baseball !!!!!!!!!!
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

I live in NJ, but grew up on Long Island in the 1970's and had a friend with season tickets 12 rows up behind 3rd base - went to games all the time. I went to opening day and two of the three met/yankee games this year. Was just at the third game against the phillies seated right behind first base two rows up!

Go Met's!!!
    20x40 IG vinyl, heatpump and solar and 3 siberian huskies, 10kw PV solar electric system. Nikon Photographer D800e dSLR.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by kirbinster
    I live in NJ, but grew up on Long Island in the 1970's and had a friend with season tickets 12 rows up behind 3rd base - went to games all the time. I went to opening day and two of the three met/yankee games this year. Was just at the third game against the phillies seated right behind first base two rows up!
    Sure, rub it in !!

Let's hope if they make it to the post season early this year, Willie actually tries to win 100 games and Wright doesn't CHOKE in the playoffs !!!
    Not that I would want to place blame for last year on any specific individuals.

"Let's Go Mets !"
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

Let's GO Mets!! (I've only been a fan since '70, so y'all can call me a newbie to being a Mets fan)
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

6. Back To Top    #6
    8) I am! season ticketholder here!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Phillies fan here living in South Carolina....but born and raised in Philly.
    14 x 32 x 6 (ave depth) 20K gallons - IG gunite pool. Challenger 1.5 hp pump and cartridge filter.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Life long 'Stros fan. Now that the All Star game is out of the way, we can start playing winning baseball.
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

9. Back To Top    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgman
    Phillies fan here living in South Carolina....but born and raised in Philly.
    you are a poor person for liking the Phillies..........oh wait I've been a Pirates fan all my life
    18x33 15700 Gal Oval Above Ground
    Ranger Sand Filter w/Praher Multi Port Valve
    A.O. Smith 1.5 hp Pump
    Confer E9120 Steps
    BBB And Sparkling Clean.

10. Back To Top    #10
    10,000th loss in 124 years for the Phillies last night....bummer to be a Phillies fan. But I'am.
    14 x 32 x 6 (ave depth) 20K gallons - IG gunite pool. Challenger 1.5 hp pump and cartridge filter.

11. Back To Top    #11
    10,000th loss in 124 years for the Phillies last night....bummer to be a Phillies fan. But I'am.
    I can't find the stat anywhere but the Pirates have had to pass that milestone looooooooong ago
    A.O. Smith 1.5 hp Pump
    Confer E9120 Steps
    BBB And Sparkling Clean.

12. Back To Top    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Marillion Fan
    I can't find the stat anywhere but the Pirates have had to pass that milestone looooooooong ago
    no they didn't, the Phillies are the first major team in any sport to record 10,000 loses....happened this past Sunday.

13. Back To Top    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Marillion Fan
    no they didn't, the Phillies are the first major team in any sport to record 10,000 loses....happened this past Sunday.
    Wow as bad as the Pirates are & have been for the past 14 odd years I would have sworn that they had already.
    A.O. Smith 1.5 hp Pump
    Confer E9120 Steps
    BBB And Sparkling Clean.