Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We are starting a new build in Laughlin Nevada. I have been reviewing this site for months in preparation.

We are using a local pool builder. This is a new home so working with a blank slate (see http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/Mknauss/IMG_0677_zps9d3e88b4.jpg).

We have never owned a home with a pool so Newbie's we are!

Will keep the picture site updated and post when significant progress is made.

Welcome to TFP!

Good luck and post lots of pictures. Good job on using photobucket, instead of posting a link directly you can post pictures more easily by directly imbedding them into your posts by copying and pasting the "IMG" link on your photos. It would look like this:

Update. Not a lot of progress but getting there. Slower doing work during the Holidays! But we get no snow nor little rain so that should not be a holdup.

Paver Deck complete. Next step is to clean up the pool and get it filled. Landscaping to follow.
Seems like everything takes forever - but have to keep our expectations realistic!

We got the pool filled and equipment running. The PB uses a service company to do the start up. Discussing maintenance with the service person he understood chemistry, CYA, etc. He started up the pool with a TriChlor puck (they will not use Liquid Chlorine and claimed the pucks are a 'commercial' type, better than what a consumer can purchase) plus some stabilizer (CYA). Will test in a couple weeks to see where we are and add more stabilizer. Will add salt eventually but the water temp is too low to run the SWCG.

The interesting part of the discussion was in having to replace the water every year or so. Because of the high CH of our fill water (250, I tested it) and our high evaporation rates (desert, Southern Nevada) the calcium builds up fast and thus you replace the water when it gets too high (no number on what is too high).

Any feedback on the CH issue? There are companies in Las Vegas and Lake Havasu City (both about 90 miles from here) that do Reverse Osmosis to 'recycle' the water. But I will need to check on the cost as it will only cost me about $30 to replace the water in the pool (we have pretty low water cost here - in the desert??).

Thanks in advance.

Marty

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.