Leaking gas heater (Hayward) H-300....hAlp!

Story is: he bought it (H300 Dual, NG) brand new 2 yars ago, at a pool supply store that was closing...
Supposetly sat UNUSED ever since then (intended to use it, but never did) in a garage.
The guy claims it's "brand new/never used."

...accepted my offer of $500.
It's a bit of a drive.......but for that price having a direct/same replacement...I think I'll go for it.
Whatcha guys think?
(remember, my goal is to have a heater...at minimal replacement cost; sure, there are better options out there today...but not at $500 or less...and I have all the plumbing, electric and gas lines already there...just plug and play).

Final update:
So after a few hours in my wife's SUV, and countess speed traps on I-95 I brought my new baby home.
The seller wasn't kidding - unused H300, which sat in a garage for 2 years!
$500 plus gas and tolls.

Hooked it up last night, turnd the gas on and it came to life! Had warm water flowing in 1 minute.
Thanks everyone.

PS:
Now I get to take th old one apart and I'll probably save a few things...just in case.

PPS:
Is pool ownership just like boat ownership?...never-ending, bottomless money pit??

Awesome 99,
Enjoy the warm water. :goodjob:

An extra $0.02,for the first 4 winters I left mine out side in my equipment shed.
Yet I still would show signs of a struggle with the weather.
Now I just bring it the house every winter and service it albeit my is a lot smaller.

Just some food for thought :salut:

jb :monkey:

monkeywrench said:
Now I just bring it the house every winter and service it albeit my is a lot smaller.

Just some food for thought :salut:

jb :monkey:
Hmm, interesting idea - I'll keep that in mind.
Maybe I can find a handtruck and do the same...even if it takes an extra couple of hours (prob. less) to disconnect and store everything, it may be worth it.
Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.