Pool Decals

Just reading the instructions makes me nervous. 3M tape to attach to vinyl or silicone adhesive to attach to fiberglass/plaster. No way you could ever easily remove either of them without damage. Will they not fade or degrade in the life of my pebbletec ... is there a guarantee of that?

And if they are not fully sealed around the edge, I would think they would be breeding grounds for algae underneath.

I think they are similar to vinyl repair patches, those suckers stay on for years and robots don't move them at all.

They have a different model for shotcrete pools.

Maybe its me, but I love different stuff....I particularly love my RC Dual Outboard Skimmer Boat :cool:

It does look like for the vinyl install it is fully adhesive and not tape like I envisioned. So it could certainly stay in place for the life of the liner ... just hope it does not fade to a white sticker before then :D

But, using an adhesive on a plaster pool ... yikes. If it ever came off, you would still have adhesive smashed into the pores of the plaster that will never look right. I am just not sure would trust it for the life of plaster which can be significantly longer than a liner.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'll have to check those out. The ignorant previous owner of my pool dumped shock in it and didn't brush it, so I have some bleached out spots. Most people don't notice them, but they annoy me because I know they didn't have to be there. If these decals aren't too expensive, that would make my liner last longer for me mentally.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.