Needed: Some kind of rotating brushes, but not a robot

lennyf

Dec 8, 2013
Hello,
I have a ceramic tile surfaced pool with with about 1/4" white grout lines. Overall, the water and the pool's walls and floor look great.

But, lately, there appeared sporadically here and there black/black-brown stains on the grout lines. this happens mostly at the deep end (8 ft), and almost nowhere in the shallow end (4 ft). It looks like the onset of black algae, and it could be due to poorer circulation in the deep-end. That is being taken care of, and in any case, the chlorine level does not bother me right now.

What does bother me is the other step of dealing with the problem, which is BRUSHING! I have a stainless steel brush, but when I use it connected to the end of a 10 ft pole I cannot exert enough force/moment when brushing the floor at the deep end. In addition, brushing direction should coincide with the grout lines, which is not always possible because of the pool's dimensions. Also, don't ask me to dive to the bottom and scratch it there!

In short , I need a small but heavy motorized rotating brush attachment at the end of the GP pole. The motor could be either waterproof and attached with the brush at the water-end of the pole, or attached at the outside end of the pole and rotation transmitted by some kind of a flexible shaft.

I actually toyed with the idea of converting a submersible pump for that job, but I prefer to to have an already working stuff.

Does anybody know of a commercial product that does this?
Or any idea how one can concoct such thing?

Any idea, referral, response would be more than welcome!

You need the whale whale brush ... makes it way easier to exert pressure. :goodjob:

gabco-18in-wall-whale-nylon-bristles-ww3010eh-2.gif

If you have the right brush, you could move the tail from the nylon brush it comes with to a steel or mixed brush.

I see here they actually sell just the tail:
http://www.poolsupplymall.com/products/The-Wall-Whale-Component-Kit-for-Pool-Brushes.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.