New build in North Atlanta

Jul 28, 2013
New to forum. Hi everyone. Been reading many posts here and wanted to share a little about my new pool project and get feedback as I just had the plumbing and rebar done on the past few days. I opted for the in ground paramount cleaning system, large oversized spa with waterfall over cave and slide for the kids. Just want to know if anyone sees any potential problems after viewing some of my pics. Thanks! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415158178.779758.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415158193.347003.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415158208.546708.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415158217.161967.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415158227.009951.jpg

In floor cleaning has in the past taken a beating on here. They have had problems. Plus they are expensive to operate. It is cheap to add a dedicated return for a pressure side cleaner. So I would do it. But the least expensive to operate cleaners are robots. They require no infrastructure to operate.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Welcome to TFP!!!!

And that is a huge in ground slide!

That slide looks like it is going to be awesome.

I'm pretty new to the forum, but I have seen quite a bit of new builds install the infloor cleaning system, myself included. I guess next summer, we will find out if they are what the manufactures claim.

That deep end looks fairly deep, how deep will it be?

this will be a cool build. Can't wait to see the finished product.

+1 on the robot suggestion above. I'm sold on robots...In floor cleaning stuff has a real bad reputation....I'd expect a few yrs of happiness followed by frustration. But that's pure speculation based on some buddies experiences with other in floor items. (designs change, then you get no support, and have a busted device that can't be repaired in your floor.)

I too can't wait to see how this one goes, as to in floor cleaning systems I personally see no harm in them, but do tend to think of them as a waste of money, but I am a pro robot person, they do a great job of cleaning and when they get old and parts are no longer available, they are much easier to replace.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Deep end will be 9feet.. PB didn't think should go deeper than 8 to maximize playing area so I just extended length to make sure enough 3 foot space... PB previously had slide coming from other direction, but have had a very specific design in mind which occasionally didnt fit with their ideas, either way, although the first dig/design had to be scraped to do it my way, which I was obviously charged for, will get what I'm looking for in the end....
I plan to have patio adjacent to spa, with stairs up behind spa, and also to have small cut out hole in back of spa cave with few steps to meet slide stairs to allow few options to access each area... And set of rock stairs in deep end as well to access slide.... I also want concrete slab and rock waterfall over spa so kids can walk up on top and jump off...

Re: cleaners -- I grew up with pool that had Polaris and later a barracuda to clean it, but always didn't like the line all over and heard this self cleaning was good but also better to circulate water which is what my pool guy said he liked best about it... My PB seem to be very honest - said my pool will be clean with any type cleaner and even went so far to say I might want to spend money on area like grill area instead but did highly recommend it... One of the owners had it put into his pool just last year, and other owner said he wished he had - again mainly from circulation standpoint.

I guess my next question is to see what thoughts are about heating pool- I want to run and be able to swim year round... Atlanta gets cold so obviously has to plan days in advance if using spa to heat pool via natural gas heater -- also expensive... My PB said could consider heat pump to save little money and get few more months on spring and few in fall when able to swim -- this obviously not option when temps dip in winter --- an recs on other heating options ie. Solar panels etc....

LOL@PB saying pool will be clear anyways...what a general statement...too funny

If it was me, solar panels on roof supplemented by Natural Gas. If you buy enough solar panels the natural gas would only be used at times when the sun wasn't out for 3-4 days previous.

Anyone have thoughts on in floor cleaning and whether or not should prepare with piping for Polaris as backup?

I'm putting the Paramount PCC2000 in-floor cleaning system in my current build. I was able to see this system in operation and I talked to a few people with this system....they all seemed happy with it. My primary motivation was to make sure I didn't have a roving cleaner that needs to be taken from the pool whenever the wife and kids go swimming.

It seems even most of the "good" pool builders have very limited perspective on the long term aspects of maintaining a pool, they build them and then quickly move on and don't tend to see the problems they have left people with down the line due to poor design decisions. Things like plumbing pads plumbed so tightly that you have to cut everything out and start over the first time a fitting goes bad, or you need to change out a piece of equipment. Or running plumbing lines under inaccessible locations with no thought to repair if they ever sprang a leak (running the return lines under the pool itself instead of around the decking), etc.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.