Any suggestion for small leaks in an old jacuzzi in Winter?

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
I have an old jacuzzi echo model (separate from pool) that I use year round. By now it has small leaks that necessitates weekly or biweekly top ups.

I am able to do this by running a hose out of the shop, but thought I'd check to see it there's anything yet there that works as a decent "stop leak" since this is a hassle.

The jacuzzi e is old but the pump is new-ish so I'd like to squeeze some more life out of her. If I can locate the leakiest areas on the piping (big if) would cell foam on exterior be a good stop gap?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

@pooladdict - Fix a Leak seems to be working beautifully...I am now going to put the filter back in (24 hrs).

The various instructions I've found seem split on whether I now need to drain and refill or just filter excess product out. I have guests coming Friday, and neither want to contaminate them nor have the hot tub empty and "curing". For hot tubs, what's your opinion on how well the product filters out with just a regular cartridge?

Fix a leak will cure in 24-48 hrs. You should now drain spa and leave it empty for 72 hrs to allow it to set. Then you are good to go.

Come summer I would try to determine where it was actually leaking. It could be as simple as one line not being properly glued to a manifold. I know it's messy getting all that foam out, but it's relatively easy to replace with a can of expanding foam.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.