Planning ahead??

DMAN11

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2008
Baton Rouge, LA area
Hey guys, I know it has been a while since I've been around asking silly questions, but I'm back.....hehe

No really, we are still waiting on our pb to get around to us and get the pool done, but I have a question in order to maybe "plan ahead"....

We want to do a hot tub/spa along with our pool, but we will probably have one of the stand alone models over on our patio area next to the pool area due to the cost issue right now. We thought about connecting one to the pool, but as I said, the cost thing kinda hits on the heavy side for us. We also kinda like the idea of have all the different jets for massaging and whatever.

As of right now we are going with a SWG (Polaris model) on our IG Vinyl that is coming. My question is how can we take care of a hot tub when we get it? Can we use salt water in it also, or do we use chlorine or something else like BBB? I mean if we have to go buy the chemicals and other stuff anyway, would it make sense to go with that on the pool and the hot tub? I know it won't be nearly as much, but how will it be going from the salt water to the other water to the salt to the other water,,,,etc?

Any opinions and info welcomed and thanks in advance!!!!

DMAN

Dman,

I just finished exactly what your are talking about. I have a pool that I will be adding salt to as soon as my 30 days are up as well as a stand alone spa. I chose a stand alone spa because the comfort and operational cost benefit over a built in.

There is a section here at TFP about spas and I recommend you read it. The is information about using BBB as well as Bromine in spas.

I still have a lot of spa chemistry questions but haven't had time to ask them. In the mean time, I have found the pool chemistry much easier to deal with than the spa. I suspect it's just like fish tanks...larger ones are actually easier because the fish loading is smaller and a larger body of water is more stable.

Good Luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.