Measuring temperatures with Pentair EasyTouch

Oct 24, 2014
Clermont, FL
I see the Pentair EasyTouch pool only system provides three temperature sensor connections; air, water and solar. With the solar sensor used to determine the solar panel roof temperature. I will have a solar system plus a Pentair UltraTemp Heat pump. Is there anyway I can monitor the pool water temp, the solar panel water output temp and the heat pump water output temp?

I don't see any reason to monitor the air temp except for freeze alerts, which here in central Florida is not very frequent, so I could do that manually so to speak. But I don't see an easy way to monitor the water temp in 3 spots. But maybe I am missing something?

As far as why, I would just like to know what the contributions of heat sources are to raising the pool temperature at varying times of the day or year. I suspect the heat pump contribution will be small but I'd still like to understand how the overall system is working, just the engineer in me. Sometimes I will be running solar only and sometimes solar + heat pump. And during the summer heat, neither.

Thanks!

The water temp sensor is what monitors the water temp. Once installed, it will tell you what temp your water is and it's also used to determine if your heater needs to turn on based upon your water temp setting in the ET.

Yep, thanks. I was looking for a way to monitor the water temperature it multiple locations so I understood how the solar unit and the heat pump were heating and contributing to the overall pool temperature. So I was hoping a could somehow see multiple water temperature readings at different locations.

Yep, thanks. I was looking for a way to monitor the water temperature it multiple locations so I understood how the solar unit and the heat pump were heating and contributing to the overall pool temperature. So I was hoping a could somehow see multiple water temperature readings at different locations.

You could do that with another piece of equipment like a honeywell t775 thermostat, or you could just get 3 of these http://www.sunplay.com/Pentair-Inli...&gdftrk=gdfV29885_a_7c3590_a_7c10330_a_7cSL2D and monitor them.. I don't know of any pool controller that will do what you want to do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.