Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
I have 4 jets on my IG pool. Eyeball removes easily, just unscrew large "nut" holding it in. Do they make a 1.5" hose adapter that will screw onto the remaining male thread. I plan on adding a Solar Bear collector that I want to push water from the return to the panel and back into pool with another hose. I'd like it a quick change fitting so I can remove the hoses when pool is in use. Maybe something similar to how a pressure cleaner attaches (but with 1.5" hose). My plan is to have most piping hidden except the 2 hoses into the pool. Going to try solar before investing in a heat pump, so this is likely a temporary test.

Yes you could do it that way, but if the route for the water is harder then the other three returns, it will just diminish the flow to these panels. Water will take the route of least resistance. Remember solar panels are the most effecient when the water flows through them rather quickly.
It would be easier to run a three way valve after your filter and then plumb in your line to the panel and from panel back into return line to pool.

You should be able to pick-up a fittings at a big box store like Menards, Homedepot ... but the selection won't be as wide as a pool store or on line. You can order them from a pool parts store on line depending on how you want to plumb it to the solar collector. Depending on if you need to go from the in wall, female 1.5" to a barbed fitting or to a slip fit for flex or rigid tube or go male to male or male to female or even reduce to a garden hose coupling the stuff is out there.

- - - Updated - - -

You can always restrict the other returns with smaller eyeballs to increase the flow in the one you're going to use.

Attachments

• PVC fittings.jpg
    PVC fittings.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Eyeball fittings.JPG
    Eyeball fittings.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 32
That's what I'm looking for, the "flexible 90". I have the 1 st slotted one on 3 returns and poolskim on the 4th. I was going to connect to a return that use to be the cleaner line, so it's separate and can be controlled at the equipment. Looking for a quick way to switch between solar and the existing slotted eye. I'll look for that 90 online. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.