Pool pump

Oct 29, 2014
FLORESVILLE
I'd like to know if anyone can help me we just purchased a new pool pump for inground pool model is a flotec AT251501 my question is its set for 110 which is no problem since the pool company wired everything for 110 my question is can we just plug it directly into the outlet or do we have to hard wire it ? The company that installed our pool had the other pump just plugged into the outlet it was no hard wired. We want to just plug the pump into the timer which is also not hard wired any help would be helpful. Thanks

The amp draw on that pump is a little over 15 amps so the plug, breaker and timer should be rated 20 amps or better to support that pump.

Welcome to the forum Nette :wave:

Can you please take the time to add your pools info to your signature as outlined here - - > http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/165-getting-started

And the wiring should be sized to support 20+ amps for the total length of the run. If you have cord from the pump to the timer and the timer to (something) and then from that to the breaker that is the total distance of the run and your wire should be sized accordingly.
Did they put the pump on a GFI breaker or is the timer plugged into a GFI outlet ??
Your new pump and motor draw 15.3 amps at 115/120 volts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.