Swimpure Plus Readings

Jul 7, 2013
Palm Springs
I just installed a new Swimpure Plus generator. It works properly for a few hours, then the voltage reading becomes 33.6 (or something close to that). Also, the current display and the instant salt readings drop to zero. If I turn off the power and start the unit again it goes through the normal cycle with the no flow light for 60 seconds, then the click, and I get accurate readings again, but when I check the readings again a while later, they're back to zero for the current, instant salt. Does anyone know what might be wrong? I looked around the site and can't seem to find any threads that talk about my particular issue.

Unless you have the percentage set to 100% the unit will cycle on and off, so that it is only on the percentage of the time you have it setup for. I presume you are seeing the "abnormal" readings when it happens to be cycled off, which is normal.

Unless you have the percentage set to 100% the unit will cycle on and off, so that it is only on the percentage of the time you have it setup for. I presume you are seeing the "abnormal" readings when it happens to be cycled off, which is normal.

Thanks, I didn't know that.... My previous chlorinator had the famous current limiter problem that I have read about here, and it worked briefly after I fixed it for about $2, but then I couldn't even get the power light to stay on, so I went out and bought a new unit. This new one displays the power and generating lights, but I didn't know that the, current, and instant salt readings would ever be zero, while the cell voltage is 33.6, although it does make sense now. So in other words, if I check the readings later, they may or may not give a number for the current and the instant salt level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.