How to deal with a car in Pool?

Most likely some oil will surface. If you clean the oil, I see no reason to rebuild unless you have obvious structural damage. The isopropanol is not a problem since will evaporate in few days. Ethylenglycol is sealed and the aircon fluid is sealed as well. A car is a dirt pit and I think is wise to drain and refill anyway.

You would first remove the car, repair any structural damage, then skim off any oil/gasoline you can, raise the FC level to shock level, and use an enzyme treatment to speed up breakdown of oil and other contaminates. Depending on how much the car leaked, it may indeed be easier to drain and refill. Fortunately, this is not a common problem.

I clicked on the link... the owner of the pool broke a window, in order to rescue the driver of the car (an elderly gent who mistook the gas pedal for the brake, and apparently came through the fence from an adjacent parking lot as a result).

Aside from all the other vehicle cleanup issues, is there a recommended approach to getting broken glass out of a swimming pool? This (i.e. broken glass) must be something that happens occasionally, even without the addition of an entire motor vehicle to the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.