We recently had a new liner installed in our 25 year old 15x30 ft inground pool (yes, the liner lasted that long! ) and since we were starting fresh we decided to switch to Chlorine because:
A) Bacquacil did nothing to combat our algae infested area and
B) it's too dang expensive!
Well I hadn't yet discovered this website and I listened to a pool store employee and I think I may have been steered wrong... I brought in a water sample and she said that both the pH and Alk were fine (it was water from the hose) and that we needed to add 12lbs of Conditioner/Satbilizer, at least 2 gallons of shock and then se sold me a floater and stabilized chlorine pucks... Well to make a short story long I "tried" to add the conditioner per the directions (dissolve in hot water) and lemme tell you, that stuff is very happy in it's solid form! After over an hour and many attempts I manged to get ~8lbs worth into the pool. I then shocked it and tossed in the chlorine. That was on Saturday morning and as of this morning my tests are still showing that there's little to no chlorine in the pool.
I realize the season's nearly over her in New England but I'd like to get it square so that next season's start up is that much better.
Any and all help is welcome!