Greater Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My jandy controller started blinking inside the house..the main pump and water fall pimp were clicking off and on...it smelled like burning at the main control box so I put the unit in service mode...is my control board bad or maybe a capacitor?

Clicking on and off sounds like a bad relay but burning sounds like something electrical unless your unit is under warranty you will need to contact a pool professional to come out an examine whats going on if you open it up "the panel and electrical" and take some photos i may be able to assist you via photos

I called a pool guy today and he said to reset it..if it acts up again I'll take pics..it may have smelled hot because it was kicking on and off for a extended period of time..thanks for the help..will check back in a day or so

Reset it and it worked today but now my inside unit is saying air and water sensor opened..wondering if inside control panel is bad

sounds like you have a bad air or water sensor the water sensor should be located inside the plumbing pipe it will have a little clamp running around it follow the wires from it into your control panel and you should also see the air sensor wires there as well check the connections make sure there is no corrosion also try and plugging them and then plugging them back in if that doesn't work i'd replace them more then likely its only one of them it shouldn't be both.

sounds like you have a bad air or water sensor the water sensor should be located inside the plumbing pipe it will have a little clamp running around it follow the wires from it into your control panel and you should also see the air sensor wires there as well check the connections make sure there is no corrosion also try and plugging them and then plugging them back in if that doesn't work i'd replace them more then likely its only one of them it shouldn't be both.

Hopefully that's it..I'm worried it's just another symptom of a bad board

2c413dcba5da890e31e76c64672b0f26.jpg

b6a0e360efedd0c6833a79618ea01e88.jpg
a4e7f3044b6dfc646212c3f0079516e7.jpg

Pics of my setup

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
are the water and air sensor sold together? On my unit right now I have a sensor that is outside the box just hanging there and one that is mounted on top of my lines. I see this online but it looks like only one, would I need to order two of these?

http://www.poolguysupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_reviews&products_id=796&cPath=6_89

Well went and ordered two sensors for the water and air...inside panel still says water and air sensor opened..what in the world can I do now? I reset the board and same thing...ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.