New Pool in Tulsa....Builder and Equipment Advice

Oct 26, 2014
Tulsa, OK
Hey everyone,

We are putting a pool in for our daughter to enjoy. This is going to be more of a "spool"(small pool kept at the temp of 95-100 degrees). Any Tulsa builder recommendations? We have a very small lot in Midtown and looking for a small, high quality build.

Specifically, looking for brand recommendations for the following:

Heat pump
Natural gas heater
Pool pump

Anyone have an in-floor cleaning system? Worth the significant upgrade price? If not an in-floor system, many recommendations for a Polaris black max. Is this a good system?

How about ozone cleaning vs chlorine? Not a fan of salt water.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ok, a few thoughts - Ozone is a worthless expense in a small residential pool. Its not FDA approved for sanitation alone, so you still have to run a chlorination system, and there are better places on the forum that explain this, but really unless you experience a high bather load, such as in a pubic pool you don't see any benefit from an ozonation system.

From what I've gathered on the forums, in floor cleaner seem to work much better where the main concern is dust and dirt- such as in Arizona, rather than in areas where your main issues might be leaves. I have no experience on the Polaris system. I went with Pentair for all my equipment including my cleaner. My research indicated they had a good reputation, but most pool equipment manufacturers have their fans, and most people will recommend what they have. Mainly if you stick to the same brand and its Hayward, Pentair or Jandy and get 3 pieces of their equipment you get a 3 year warranty on it all rather than just one year.

I love my pentair variable speed pump. It gives me unlimited control of my water flow. It is extremely energy efficient and quiet. I have solar panels for pool heat and a separate hot tub. As for chlorine or salt. You have to have chlorine in your pool. You can get it in there by putting bleach in every few days or so or you can use a saltwater chlorine generator and put salt in one time and add a little once a year or so. I love our saltwater pool, it makes the pool maintenance free day to day and very low maintenance weekly or monthly. I adjust cya, alkalinity and hardness once or twice a year. Add muriatic acid a couple of times per month. Everyone is always amazed how clean and clear our pool is and how good it feels when they open their eyes in it. Because the ph is right and the chlorine level is low but enough to keep the water crystal clear. And I have to add a gallon of bleach every few weeks during winter when the chlorinator quits making chlorine because the water is too cold. We don't close our pool.

You should read pool school until it makes sense. It took me 6 or 8 times, and then i really didn't get it until i actually started maintaining the pool. But, it really works great and tf100 test kit is great too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.