Rough Spa Surface

Oct 26, 2014
Houston tx
I've had my in ground pool spa for a few years, but the spa surface is very rough on skin and swimsuits. It's not a chemical, calcium, etc issue. Its been rough since start up. How can I smooth the surface? Can I drain and sand the seating area? If so, any ideas on how?

Is the surface plain plaster or something else?

I've sanded small areas before and it works pretty well.

I have used either a pumice stone or wet sand paper. But I am not sure that will work well with a pebble surface. Is it the stones or the plaster making it rough?

I had some 40 sandpaper, so tried it and it is working. Did it by hand of course. Didn't need a lot of pressure either. BTW, spa was empty and dry when I sanded. Not smooth, but MUCH better. Sanding the spa was a request I had made of my builder, but he failed to do a lot of things. I was NOT happy with him! My swimsuit thanks you for your help. Hope this helps others.

40 grit sandpaper? Isnt that really course? In my plaster pool I smoothed the spa a little but think I was using 200+ grit wet sandpaper. Also might be better to sand it while it is wet/full.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.